*Retirees: We helped a retired couple reduce their exposure to the risk of investment losses by focusing on a equity/ bond strategy after discovering that their stockbroker had them placed in an overly aggressive asset allocation scheme.
*Mutual Fund Costs: We reviewed the mutual fund share classes inside of an investor's account with a large brokerage firm and enabled him to shift to funds with significantly lower expense ratios, saving significant annual expenses.
*ETFs: We assisted an investor with a comparison of costs/ benefits related to investing in exchange traded funds (ETFs).
*Bonds: We built a portfolio consisting of a ladder of individual bonds and dividend-oriented equities for a retired investor who wanted to focus on current income while reducing the risks of risk of erosion of her assets to inflation.
*401k Plans: We analyzed the asset-based charges in a 401k plan for a corporation which resulted in an annual cost savings of approximately one percent annually, on average on each employee's balance. See our special advisory service: 401kCompass.com
* Long Term Care: We evaluated the health and long term care insurance needs and policy options for a senior who wished to bequeath his assets to his children.
* Life Insurance as an Investment: After evaluating the internal rate of return of a universal life policy purchased by a single client, we arranged for a refund of his insurance premiums after a private banker had sold him the jumbo policy with the pitch that it was simply a tax-free supplemental retirement plan.
* Estate Life Insurance: We saved an client a very substantial sum on a large estate planning life insurance policy purchase by analyzing sales proposals and crafting more efficient policy designs than those suggested by the insurance agent.
* Corporate Life Insurance: We reduced life insurance premium costs for a closely held corporation by a seven-figure sum through a detailed analysis and negotiation process with a major life insurer, under a fee arrangement which cost the company a small fraction of the dollars saved.
* Annuities: We provided an annuity cost/benefit analysis to an affluent senior who wanted to compare costs and alternatives to placing a percentage of his retirement income account into a product with a significant commission cost.
*Term or Whole: We compared buying whole life versus term plus an annuity and versus term plus an investment account for an affluent client who was uncomfortable with some assumptions in various insurance proposals.
* Life Policy Transfer: In concert with the client's attorney, we arranged for the transfer of life insurance policies outside of the taxable estates and into irrevocable trusts of an affluent couple.
* Life Policy Sale? We evaluated a pitch to a client to sell his life policy to a viatical firm and concluded a sale would be a mistake.
*Survivor Planning: We assisted a client by reviewing various survivor contingencies as he crafted his irrevocable trust with his attorney.
*Buy-Sell Plans: We submitted several extra contingencies to a corporate buy-sell plan via the company's outside counsel, which he accepted and incorporated into the final document.
Note: Individual case results vary. No mention implies that any other client will realize similar results.
A Registered Investment Advisory Firm. Please see our Disclosure Page. Not available in all states. Telephone 301.263.1170